자유게시판

디자인 기획부터 인쇄까지 원스톱서비스로 고객만족에 최선을 다하겠습니다.

Wayne Rooney criticises Gareth Southgate's decision

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Bridgette
댓글 0건 조회 8회 작성일 24-09-02 20:02

본문

Wayne Rooney was not impressed with Gareth Southgate's decision to include Jarrell Quansah in Friday's squad to face Iceland having already confirmed he will not take part at the Euros.

Quansah was one of the seven players from Southgate's provisional squad to miss out on selection for Euro 2024. 

The announcement was made on Thursday, one day before the Three Lions hosted Iceland at Wembley.

While the likes of Jack Grealish and James Maddison quickly headed home following their omissions, Quansah remained with the team.  

Southgate decided to keep Quansah involved and even included him in Friday's matchday squad with the player officially on standby for Germany.

Wayne Rooney did not think Jarrell Quansah should have been in the squad to face Iceland

Quansah was an unused substitute as England suffered a deflating defeat at Wembley

Podcast All episodes

EPISODE 91: Can Manchester City cope without Pep Guardiola?

EPISODE 90: 유로247코드 How Manchester United CAN win crunch FA Cup clash

EPISODE 89: Why Manchester City aren't the reason the League is boring

'It hasn't worked!' Is VAR the problem or the solution?

EPISODE 87: Why United must tear down Old Trafford and move to Wembley

Play on Apple Spotify

Quansah remained an unused substitute and Rooney believes it was unnecessary to have him there despite his standby status. 

Speaking about the incident on The Overlap, Rooney said: 'That's why I think Gareth should have sent them all home [after telling them they won't be picked]. 

'He kept Quansah there and I watched him after the game, I was on the side of the pitch doing TV, and I watched every player walk around the pitch after the game. 

'As soon as the final whistle went Quansah goes in. Straight away you have a split. He has probably seen nobody got injured, and I felt for him, as he was probably in having a shower and leaving and he was the only one there. 

'I think Gareth should have said go home, if there is an injury be ready, and give them that 24 or 48 hours, if anyone gets injured I'll call you. Otherwise, go on your holidays.' 

Southgate and England slumped to a 1-0 defeat in their final Euro 2024 warm-up game

On his decision, Southgate said: 'Jarell has stayed with us. He hasn't had the experience of being at an England international at Wembley, so I think it will be great for him to be with us for that game.

'We will go from there and hopefully we won't need to call anyone else in.'

Wayne Rooney

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.